This visa is for international students who have recently graduated from an Australian educational institution. The Skilled Graduate Visa(Subclass 485) lets you live, study and work in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies. It can be accessed only once as a primary applicant. There are two streams in this visa; The Graduate Work Stream & The Post Study Work Stream.
Requirements for this visa include:
- you applied for and were granted, your first student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011.
- you hold an eligible qualification
- your qualification was conferred or awarded by an education provider who is registered on CRICOS and that provider offers courses at degree level and above.
- your study for the qualification(s) satisfied the Australian study requirement in the past six months.
- Requirements for this visa include:
- you nominate an occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
- your visa application included evidence that you had applied for a skills assessment for your nominated skilled occupation by a relevant assessing authority.
- your skills have been assessed by a relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated skilled occupation (‘suitable skills assessment’)
- if your skills were assessed on the basis of a qualification obtained in Australia while you held a student visa, the qualification must have been obtained as a result of studying a CRICOS-registered course.
- you have met the Australian study requirement in the past six months.
- each degree, diploma or trade qualification used to meet the Australian study requirement is closely related to your nominated skilled occupation.
You will also be required to pass a health examination and a character test
Cost is A$1500 for the applicant and additional charges may be payable for every other person of your family to whom a visa is granted.